Institute of Health Research – Fundación Jiménez Díaz University Hospital, (IIS-FJD, UAM), Madrid, Spain
- Carmen Ayuso is Doctor in Medicine (MD, PhD) (1985, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid – UAM)
- Head of the Genetics Department of Fundación Jiménez Díaz University Hospital (Madrid, Spain) (2009- present)
- Scientific Director of the Institute of Biomedical Research-Fundación Jiménez Díaz (IIS-FJD, UAM) (2009- present)
- Group leader of the U704, National Centre for Rare Diseases Research CIBERER, ISCIII, Ministry of Health (2006-present)
- Former Member of Spanish Committee of Bioethics. Ministry of Health (2007- 2012)
- Accredited as a Full Professor (ANECA) School of Medicine, 2009
- Programme for Senior Executives in Health Institutions IESE, 2013
Scientific Publications and Projects:
More than 450 articles in national and international journals and 69 Book Chapters or Books. Impact factor: 1518.6 (JCR); H Factor: 55 (Google Scholar) /45 (Scopus).
More than 82 national and international competitive research projects as a principal investigator (PI) or Coordinator for work packages (European projects, national R+D plan/ISCIII, private competitive projects) and 1 clinical trial and 2 observational studies.
Director of 15 doctoral thesis.
Research Areas: Rare diseases, Monogenic disorders, Opthalmogenetics, Gene therapy, Phramacogenetics, Medical Genetics, Genetic diagnosis and counseiling, Prenatal Diagnosis, Quality In Molecular Diagnosis, Bioethics.
“Professional Woman Prize” XXIII edición FEDEPE (Federación Española de Mujeres Directivas, Ejecutivas, Profesionales y Empresarias). 2014.
“Genetics National Award” Sociedad Española de Genética (SEG). 2017.
“Medical Ambassador” of Spanish Health Care Diario Médico, 2018.
FEDER Award to RareGenomics Project 2018.
National Award “ Health and Innovation” Fenin 2018.