Birth date: 16/08/1979
Affiliation: Associate ProfessorFull in the Department of Applied Mathematics I of the University of Seville.
- Degree in Mathematics. University of Granada. 2002. Best grades at University level and 4th at National level.
- PhD in Mathematics. University of Granada. 2006. Dissertation: Maximal surfaces with singularities. Advisor: Francisco J. López Fernández. Grade: Sobresaliente cum laude.
- Surfaces and Geometric Partial Differential Equations (MTM2016-80313-P).
- Variational problems in Geometry (FQM325).
- Spanish network on Geometric Analysis.
- Two six year research periods recognized (2003-2008 y 2009-2014).
- 16 published papers in JCR journals, 7 of them in Q1 ranked journals.
- Invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians in 2010.
- Young researchers award by the Real Academia Sevillana de las Ciencias and the Real Maestranza de Caballería of Sevilla.
- Research stays at IMPA (Instituto de Matemática Pura e Aplicada – Rio de Janeiro) and Institut Jussieu (París VII).
- Cites: 300, h-index: 9 (Google Scholar).
Service to math community
- Member of the Govern Board of the Real Sociedad Matemática Española (from 2016).
- Member of the Academic Committee of the Master in Mathematics of the University of Sevilla (from 2017).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Real Sociedad Matemática Española (2010-2015).
- Member of the Jury of the Research Awards in Mathematics Vicent Caselles (RSME-FBBVA) from 2015 to 2018.
- Member of the Jury of the Grants Leonardo to researchers and culture creators (FBBVA) in 2017 and 2018.